24 Nov Desktop (Application) sharing issue in macOS
Recently multiple users reported the desktop sharing not working issue in popular conference application such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, Zoom, GoToMeeting etc. This desktop sharing issue is not specific to any conferencing solution, users facing desktop sharing issues in one of above-mentioned solutions using macOS
Warning message clearly says that, to Change your settings to allow desktop sharing. Go to the privacy pane of security & privacy and enable Screen recording for Skype for Business application.
Most of these users reported issue are using MacOS Catalina, after upgrading or installing latest updates, they started seeing issue in conferencing client such as, Skype for Business, Teams, GoToMeetings and Mac will restrict screen sharing ability. This is looks to be known issue. You can use of the below mentioned remediation to resolve the desktop sharing issue.
1. Install the latest security update from Apple, it may resolve the issue. if not resolves then follow below steps.
2. Modify Security and Privacy settings in your macOS:
- Click on the Apple Icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen > System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click on Privacy tab at the top of the dialog box. Scroll down on the left-hand side of the screen to Screen Recording and then select Skype for Business.
- Click on the lock icon at the bottom & enter his password to unlock the setting and enable Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, Zoom or any other conferencing application that facing desktop sharing issue.
3. You may reinstall conferencing apps as well however allowing screen recording solves the issue.